Translate

Friday, April 10, 2015

Swarvoski Pearls and Seed Beads

Good Afternoon, everyone!  I've been going through my beads and pearls stash, trying to pick some to add the Irish Crochet Capelet. . . I decided to go with Swarvoski Crystal Pearls in color light Creamrose.  As for seed beads, I have a plethora of size 11 delicas, and Czech glass rounds, but am very limited of size 15.  Fincrochet cotton is thinner and more delicate compared to DMC cordonnet size 50, so in my opinion, a size 11 seed bead is too big for such delicate lace.  So. . . I had no choice but to order some new beads!  lol  I purchased a few different types of round rocailles and size 15 delica seed beads in different colors and finishes.  I enjoy shopping for new beads and pearls, almost as much as I enjoy shopping for new thread. lol

Here are some photos of the motifs while I was playing around with the pearl selection.








I almost went with a very light gold, but then decided to keep the whole of the capelet Cream and Ivory.  Maybe for my next project, I will go with a gold and cream color scheme. :)

I also managed to get a little more done on the round Aemelia Ars motif.  It is coming along nicely.  When I've had a bit more practice in this technique, I will start adding some bead work to it.  Wouldn't a little pearl look good in the center of the motif?



For those of you who have entered for the giveaway, my daughter and I will be picking a winner tomorrow at 3pm EST, and I will announce the winner April 12.   There is still time to enter, if anyone would like to do so.  When I was going through my bead and crystal stash, I found a few more pieces of silk jewelry, including a couple of necklaces/collars, so more giveaways will be on their way in the next couple of months. :)

I hope you are all having a great day!  'Til tomorrow,
Happy Stitches!

1 comment: