Translate

Thursday, December 14, 2017

New Punto Antico Tea Cloth

It is so very cold, and so very white outside.  We have gotten about two feet of snow over the past two days.  It is pretty, but a pain to shovel. *sigh*  On a happier note, I finished my latest Italian embroidery project.  It is considered Punto Antico, though there is a bit of Reticello, and drawn thread work, as well.

I used Bright White Sotema 20L (38 ct) linen, and DMC Coton a Broder in sizes 25, 30, and 35 in ecru.  I also used a bit of DMC Cordonnet Special in size 70 for the hemstitch.   The cloth is approx. 57 cm x 57 cm, and the hem is about 3cm wide. The drawn thread and needle weaved hems are from Giuliana's book Punto a Giorno.  Here are some photos of the finished piece:









 I also added some picots to the needle weaving on the drawn thread work, and used a simple four petal woven flower for the corners:





I really enjoyed this project, as it used a variety of stitches, but didn't take too long to complete.  This particular pattern can be found in Giuliana Buonpadre's book, Lessons and Samplers in Punto Antico.

Today I plan on starting a new project from her book Hebarium.  I will choose the linen, project and of course, lush colors for the beautiful reticello flowers.  I haven't gotten around to painting or dyeing threads yet, but depending on what project I choose, I may start today so that I have the appropriate colors for my project.

I hope you enjoyed the photos, and have a wonderful day.  I have lots to do so until next time. . .
 Happy Stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment