Translate

Monday, December 4, 2017

Irish Crochet White Flower Purse

Good Morning!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  We had a good one.  We spent some time outside situating our goats for the winter.  We managed to clean out their stalls, and made sure they have an adequate, safe source of heat for the winter.  They seem happy, so we must have done a good job.

Today I would like to share with you an Irish Crochet Purse I made last winter.  It was my first time working with a Kiss Top frame, and I think it came out pretty well.  I used Fincrochet Cotton in size 40 for the motifs, and size 60 for the background netting.  I also added a bit of Sulky Metallic Sliver thread to some of the elements.  The Romanian Cord was made using Fincrochet size 20. There are also Swarvoski Crystal Pearls adorning the flowers and I used as Czech glass white pearl seed beads, size 11 for the crochet edging.  The body and lining of the purse is Charmeuse silk, and I added some delicate lace edgings for some extra girly frills.  The purse isn't very big, and is perfect for a bride, I think.  Here is the purse:







As you can see from the photos, I did not make both sides of the purse using the same composition.  I really love this little purse, and I think it has a vintage look.  Irish Crochet Lace in white or cream is just so very beautiful and delicate, though it certainly can be a gorgeous done in colors.

I also managed to get some work done on my Punto Antico/Reticello project.  Here are some sneek peaks:





I chose ecru thread on snow white linen so the design would stand out a bit more.  I am also plan on adding some drawn thread work to the piece.

After this project is completed, which won't be too long, I plan on delving into the world of Reticello in color.  I just placed an order to Lacis last week and received a box of goodies - Embroidery threads in a plethora of colors.  I want to make some of the projects from Giuliana Buonpadre's book Hebarium which is filled with ideas and photos of Reticello done in beautiful colors using different threads and linens.  I am very excited for this.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful day.  Until next time. . .
Happy Stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment