Translate

Monday, December 25, 2017

Hebarium Table Mat

I hope  everyone is having a wonderful holiday and holiday season.  It's been a little while since I last posted.  I've been busy with holiday errands and such.  I also completed another small project.  As I mentioned previously, I was excited to start experimenting with the ideas and projects in Hebarium


I made a small table mat.  For this project, I used Sotema 20L linen in white, DMC coton a broder size 25 in Snow White for the stitches and whip stitches around the reticello, and DMC coton a broder in Snow White, size 30 for the whip stitched bars.




For the the Reticello, I used DMC coton a broder size 25, in different colors.  As you will see from the photos, I used different shades of the same colors to add some "shading" and depth to the flowers and foliage. 




The swirls and clovers around it, are also DMC coton a broder 25 in neutral colors.  I just used a simple hem stitch to finish the piece.  It is a cute little mat, and the perfect starter project, I think.  This wasn't a difficult project for me, as a lot of it was very similar to Aemilia Ars, more so than traditional Reticello.






  I plan on making more reticello pieces in color.  Roses, I think, this time.  Well, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!  Until next time. . .
Happy Stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment