Translate

Monday, February 15, 2016

Vintage Collar

Good Morning!  I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  I gifted the Purple Heart to my mother in law, and she loved it.  She framed it, and hung it on her living room wall.  I'm so happy that she liked it.
I did start another Irish Crochet project.  It's an amazing mix of traditional and modern, and I think my favorite thing about it is, the background netting.  It's a modern irregular background netting, but it has clones knot stitches incorporated into it.  It adds a lovely touch to the netting.  The pattern was designed by Larisa Chilton of Irish Crochet Lab, and it is just amazing.  It includes all of the motif patterns (videos included), instructions for the collar pattern, and instructions and tips on how to make the irregular clones knot netting.  A video is also included on how to incorporate the clones knot into the netting.  It can be purchased through her shop at www.irishcrochetlab.com, as a stand alone pattern, or it is included (along with a plethora of other projects) in the beginner video tutorials.
My collar will be a bit different than the pattern.  I used more silk in my interpretation.  It would have gotten a bit difficult, if not for my secret weapon. . .beeswax.  I used a bit when making the silk motifs, so as to have better control over the thread.  I must say it helped tremendously.  I used Purely Silk thread in ecru, size E for some of the roses, Valdani Pearl Silk in Herb Garden for the greenery, DMC Pearl cotton 12 in cream for the rest of the roses, and a bit of Valdani Pearl Silk in Subtle Elegance for the little rosebuds.  I think Subtle Elegance is my favorite of all of the Valdani Peatl Silk colors.  I will also use Valdani Pearl Cotton 12 in Subtle Elegance for the edging.  For the netting, I am using another favorite of mine.  Prescencia Fincrochet in Ecru.
When I first started the netting, it was very, very slow, but now that I've had a bit more practice, it's coming along a bit more quickly.  It is going to be a beautiful collar, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have to make another one, since I have two daughters.  Lol. Not that I mind, I am thoroughly enjoying this project.  Here are some pictures of what I have so far.





Well, I'm off to work on the collar.  I hope you all have a great day, and 
'Till next time
Happy Stitches,

No comments:

Post a Comment