Translate

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Books, books and a couple more books

Good Morning!  It's been awhile since I posted, and I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. The Holidays are a wonderful, yet stressful time of year.  We also added a move into the mix, which added a bit more stress and chaos, but we are all settled in now.

I did receive some lovely Christmas gifts, . .one of them arrived yesterday from Italy.  They are Reticello books by Giuliana Buonpadre.  The best thing about these book is that they have written instructions in English ( as well as Italian and French). The works featured in the books are lovely, and inspiring.  I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to learn Reticello. 

I did start stitching a learning sampler yesterday, but I haven't gotten very far.  Iwill share its progress when I get more done.  :-)

I also ordered a few more books on Armilia Ars from Lacis.  I purchased Corso Due,  Corso Tres, and Fiore.  The books are very well illustrated, and feature beautiful designs.  I managed to stitch a couple of projects over the Holidays.





I also found two amazing Turkish Oya books on Amazon.  The books were used, but in excellent condition, and very, very inexpensive.  I've made some jewelry pieces combining the techniques from the books, and Irish Crochet.  This choker is my latest piece, and was made using Lizbeth thread in sizes 20, and 40.  It is adorned using size11/0 Toho seed beads and a small rose quartz Briolette.  I will share my other pieces with you throughout the week.




 And, in honor of Valentine's Day, I am making a modern Irish Crochet heart.  The pattern is part of the beginner video course by Irish Crochet Lab, but can also be purchased separately at www.irishcrochetlab.com.  Here are some photos of it's progress, and I will share the finished piece when it is done.  It's a really beautiful and fun project.




What projects are you working on?  I hope to see you all this week and 
'Till next time
Happy Stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment