Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pinned Down

Good Morning!  The purple has been completed for a few days. . .I have it pinned, and on Sunday morning, I will unpin it, lightly steam it, and gift it to my mother-in- law for Valentine's Day.  I did put a simple edging around it, using DMC Pearl cotton size 12 in a silver color.  I also sewed some Swarvoski pearls onto it, and one large Freshwater pearl.  I also used some Ceylon white, size 15 delica seed beads, and crocheted them sporadically into netting.  I think they add a lovely touch to the silver thread.  Here a couple of photos:



I've also been working a bit on Reticello. . .just some practice.  It is very similar to Aemilia Ars, so I think sometime very soon, I will start a project.  To practice I'm using 32 count Belfast linen in cream, and for threads I used DMC Pearl cotton 12, and coton a broder size 25.  I'm enjoying the technique very much, and can't wait to start a project.  Here are a couple of snapshots of my practice cloth.



I'm also working on an Irish Crochet.cuff.  It is a bit more traditional looking, in color and style.  I don't have any photos of it, as of yet, but will take some very soon.  In the meantime, here is a picture of a pendant I made about three weeks ago,  I used Lizbeth thread, size 20, color Natural, and soft pink Toho seed beads, size 11/0, and a Rose quartz Briolette.  I like the way it came out.  It is not Irish Crochet, but a motif featured in a recent ebook I purchased.  I think the Octagon shape is interesting, don't you think?


I'm also planning some traditional Irish Crochet projects.  My eldest daughter decided that she would rather have a more modern bolero/ capelet, so all those lovely motifs that I was using are now up for grabs. . .and there are a lot of them!  I am contemplating on turning them into wedding items, such as handbags, maybe a veil, or bridal gloves.  A handbag would be easiest to start with and would still leave many lovely motifs.  I will keep you posted on this.  
Well I'm off to finish another heart, this time in blue and cream, to gift for Valentine's Day.  I hope you all have a wonderful day. 
'Till next time
Happy Stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment