Translate

Monday, November 16, 2015

Needle Painting, Irish Crochet and Schwalm, Oh My!

Today I have quite a few photos to share!  First up, I did get to work on the Rose Bud part of the pincushion, but I didn't finish it.  Even though it is a small piece, there are so many colors used for the shading.  This is part of what gives Trish Burr's work such beautiful dimension, I would imagine, and I must admit, her technique and teachings allows one to create items that look as if they are about to leap into real life.  lol

I gathered together all of the colors needed, and of course, started outlining with a split stitch.




I did the back petal first, which wasn't too difficult.  I did feel as if it were missing something when I had completed it, but I left it alone for the moment. . .I wanted to finish the part next to it, before making any changes not specified in the book.




I started the section next to it, which wasn't difficult either.  I really enjoy watching the colors bring the rose to life, and how beautifully Trish's color selection blends together.






When the section was completed, the back petal looked okay, but I wanted to add more dimension, so I added some long and short shadow stitches in the darkest color specified for the rose petals, and thought it looked a lot better.


 Unfortunately, that's as far as I have gotten with the rose bud.  I could have finished it this morning, but I spent some time working on the Schwalm Sampler.  It is almost finished and I can't wait to hang it on my living room wall.  :-)  Here is what I have so far:







This time I chose a beige colored linen which I think contrasts nicely with the ecru thread.  I just have one more section to finish.  A heart with a couple of little birds next to it.  I'll probably get that finished this week.

And. . . here are some more photos of the Irish Crochet Capelet.







As you can see, there are a lot of motifs, but I think they are spaced enough apart so that when the netting is done, it will be seen nicely.  Right now, I am working on the bottom border netting.  I plan on adding some seed beads to the ruffled edge, as well as Swarvoski Crystal Pearls to the shamrocks on the Thistle motifs.

I hope you enjoyed the photos, and are having a wonderful day!  Make certain you come back tomorrow, as I will hosting a blog giveaway for the tatted silk bracelet.  If you plan on entering, please make sure you subscribe to the blog to be eligible.  Have a wonderful afternoon and
 
'Til tomorrow
Happy Stitches!



No comments:

Post a Comment