Translate

Monday, February 4, 2019

Burgundy Roses Curtain

Good Afternoon!  I have completed another project. . . I started this one back during the summer, but put it on hold to complete the baby girl curtain.  It is a simple curtain for the window of our front door.  I used Sotema 38 ct linen in Ivory, and various colors of different DMC embroidery floss for the needle painted roses and rose buds.  For the reticello windows, I used DMC coton a broder in sizes 25 and 30, color ecru.  For the reticello lace I used hand dyed, DMC special dentelles, size 80, which I purchased from Un Petit Fil, especially for this project.  The needle painted rose s and budsare from one of Trish Burr's books, and the reticello roses are from one of Giuliana Buonpadre's books.  The pictures aren't the greatest because I took them early this morning when the light in my living room is poor.












It is a fairly simple piece, but I think it is pretty, and it gives us a bit more privacy from people walking by outside.

I have been very busy with work, and it is about to get busier in the coming month, but I will always find time for my needlework.  I am currently working on a small project from one of Trish Burr's books, and I just recently ordered Lunarheavenly's new book.  I am very excited to see the new flowers and crochet patterns, and hope to recieve it within the next week.  Of course, I will share with all of you what projects I am able to complete from her new book.  
Well, since my free time is very limited these days, I am anxious to get back to my needlework.  I hope you are all having a wonderful day!  Until next time. . . 
Happy Stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment